Library

The library is maintained by a small group of MAA volunteers who help with the cataloging of new library acquisitions. The National Museum of Wales’s Principal Librarian, Kristine Chapman and her team, have kindly agreed to act as honorary librarians. We have produced a computerised library catalogue and also intend to identify gaps in our collection and to provide newspaper accounts of the nineteenth century AGMs .

Museum Manager, Dai Price and Museum Curator Dr Mark Lewis in the Library of the National Roman Legion Museum.

Museum Manager, Dai Price and Museum Curator Dr Mark Lewis in the Library of the National Roman Legion Museum.

 

 

 

The Monmouthshire Antiquarian Association library is available to members of the MAA, students and researchers by prior arrangement with the staff of the National Roman Legion Museum, High Street, Caerleon, NP18 1AE. Tel: (029) 2057 3550

 

Kristine Chapman Principal Librarian and her assistant Jennifer Evans visit the library.

Principal Librarian, Kristine Chapman and Librarian Jennifer Evans visit the library.

 

See also the link to the National Museum of Wales Library at Cathays Park: To access click on links below

http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/242/

***********

We have found these Monmouthshire and Caerleon Antiquarian Association past publications on-line.

Octavius Morgan and Thomas Wakeman, The Monastery of Austin Friars, at Newport, with notes on the house at Black Friars and other Minor Ecclesiastical Establishments (Newport , privately published by John Edward Lee, 1959)

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.32044081224370;view=1up;seq=9

*************

Octavius Morgan and Thomas Wakeman: ‘Wentwood Castle Troggy and Llanvair Castle’ (1863)

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=hvd.32044081231169;view=1up;seq=6

**********

Octavius Morgan and Thomas Wakeman: ‘Notices of Pencoyd Castle and Langstone’ (1864)

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=wEAIAAAAQAAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

**********

John Edward Lee, Supplement to Isca Silurum, Or, An Illustrated Catalogue of the Museum of Antiquities of Caerleon, 1868

https://archive.org/details/supplementtoisc00leegoog

***********

Octavius Morgan Esq., M.P., F.R.S.: ‘Some Account of the Ancient Monuments in the Priory Church Abergavenny’. (President of the Monmouthshire and Caerleon Antiquarian Association, 1872.) Printed by H. Mullock, Newport.

http://books2.scholarsportal.info/viewdoc.html?id=/ebooks/oca3/18/someaccountofanc00morguoft

***********

The Crosses of Monmouthshire by Elizabeth Harcourt Mitchell (Monmouthshire and Caerleon Antiquarian Association, 1893).

She lived at Llanfrechfa Grange and her father was  John Etherington Welch Rolls, Esq. of Hendre Monmouthshire and the work was undertaken at his suggestion.

http://archive.org/detailscrossesofmonmout00mitc/

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply